Skip to main page content
Summer 2013 Migrations
Laptop or Off-Campus Windows Outlook Desktop Post Migration Process
- Make sure Outlook is closed.
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel.
- Double-click the Mail icon.
- Note: if you do not see a Mail icon, your control panel may be in category view. If that is the case, click Switch to Classic View or select Small icons under the View by drop-down menu. You should then see the Mail icon.
- If you do not see a Mail icon or a Switch to Classic View link, look for a Mail icon in View 32-bit Control Panel Items.
- Click the Show Profiles button.
- On the General tab, of the Mail window, select your previous UT e-mail profile and click on the Remove button.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Next, click on the Add... button
- In the Profile Name field, enter a name for your new account (perhaps "UT Law Email"). Then click OK.
- In the Your Name field, enter your first and last name.
- In the E-mail Address field, enter your UTEID@austin.utexas.edu (for example, if your UT EID is jsmith, you would enter "email@example.com").
- Note: Your e-mail address is still the same @law.utexas.edu address you have always used, but here you must use the UTEID@austin.utexas.edu address or this configuration will fail.
- Enter your UT EID password in the Password fields.
- Click Next. The configuration wizard will configure your e-mail server settings, which may take 5-10 minutes (this may take longer with a slow internet connection).
- If prompted, enter your UTEID@austin.utexas.edu as the User Name and your UT EID password as the Password.
- When the process is complete, click Finish.
- Return to the Mail window and make sure your new profile is shown in blue and that Always use this profile is selected before clicking OK. This ensures that your new profile will be used the next time you start Outlook.
- Open Outlook to access your e-mail account. Again, if prompted, enter your UTEID@austin.utexas.edu as the User Name and your UT EID password as the Password.