Job Search Process
This section provides an overview of the job search process, from defining the fields and roles that best suit your career goals and skill sets, to succeeding in an interview and salary negotiation.
- Assessment: This page will help you begin the process of choosing a career path. If you’re studying public affairs, you probably have some ideas of the roles you’d like to take on, but it can still be helpful to explore different options for public service and career advancement.
- Researching Careers: This section provides links to resources that let you explore careers in your fields of interest, along with job boards for job seekers at all levels of experience.
- Resumes and Cover Letters: Get guidance to help you hone your resume to clearly present your qualifications for the job you’re seeking. This section includes examples of several types of resumes.
- Networking: Learn how to meet established professionals in your fields of interest to learn about careers and begin your job search.
- Interviews: Learn to present your skills and experience confidently and clearly to earn a job offer. This section covers etiquette, interview questions and strategies, and how to follow up with your potential employers after an interview.
- Negotiating and Accepting an Offer: Make sure that your compensation is in line with your experience and your duties.