New Politics Forum to Focus on Increasing Political Engagement in Youth
Saturday, November 12, 2011 (All day)
Hosted by the Annette Strauss Institute and the Center for Politics and Governance on Nov. 12
This one-day, student-focused nonpartisan conference will explore the new ecosystem of civic engagement in the 21st century. This event is part of the New Politics Forum, which seeks to present the leading ideas that are shaping the way young people are championing the movement to upgrade political engagement into the new millennium.
Featured speakers include:
- Ronnie Cho, Associate Director and Youth Liaison for the White House Office of Public Engagement
- Erica Williams, Senior Strategist for the Citizen Engagement Laboratory
- Abhi Nemani, Director of Strategy and Communication for Code for America
- Ben Berkowitz, CEO and Co-Founder of SeeClickFix
- Courtney Spence, CEO and Founder of Students of the World
- Doug Matthews, Chief Communications Director for the City of Austin
- Bijoy Goswami, Founder of the Bootstrap Network
Panel topics include using technology for public service and governance, social innovation, empowering communities through online transparency, using photojournalism and videos to engage for good, and redesigning civic participation of a 21st century landscape.
All undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to attend. The event is open to the public. General admission is $20 and student admission is $15. This includes lunch, snacks and conference materials.
The event will take place at the LBJ School of Public Affairs at The University of Texas at Austin. The event will begin at 9 AM and will conclude with an optional networking mixer at Scholz Garden at 6:15 PM.
A limited number of parking permits will be given out in front of the LBJ School for parking in Lot #38 beginning at 8:15 AM. Additional parking is available at the Manor Parking Garage for $10 per day.
For more information, visit: http://communication.utexas.edu/strauss/npf
For more information visit: http://communication.utexas.edu/strauss/npf.