Tuition is $1,150, includes all program materials and breaks, for both weeks of the course. Tuition DOES NOT include lodging and meals.
Contract Management in Government: Effective Practices in Implementing and Managing State Government Contracts
An emerging, critical competency for leaders in state government is the ability to implement and manage outsourced contracts. This six-day professional development program is designed specifically for managers in state government agencies and will acquaint these managers with all aspects of the contracting process.
This program is organized into three parts:
Part One: Overview of Contracting (On-Line)
Participants should allow 4-5 hours to complete this self-paced, on-line portion of the course prior to the first classroom session. Set-up instructions will be included in the registration confirmation.
Part Two: Procurement as the Foundation for Successful Contract Management
- Principle features of a well-conceived procurement design
- Using the procurement process to optimize results
- Conducting an effective proposal evaluation
Part Three: Contract Negotiation, Implementation, Oversight, Support and Wind-down
- When and how to negotiate
- Contract administration infrastructure
- Pre-Implementation Planning and Assessment
- Support, trouble-shooting and problem solving
- Primary contract oversight
- Amendments, renewal and close-out