Spring 2016 Registration Instructions for Currently Enrolled LBJ School Students
Registration for the Spring 2016 semester begins on Monday, October 26, 2015, and will continue until Friday, November, 6, 2015, with add/drops resuming 14 January 2016.
Be sure to check the LBJ School’s online course schedule before registration commences to note any changes made to the schedule that could affect your registration/enrollment plans.
Follow the steps below to complete registration for the Spring 2016 semester:
1. Check your Registration Information Sheet (RIS):
Scroll down to the bottom of the RIS page to learn more about your specific registration access periods during the registration period and to check on any registration bars that may prevent you from registering.
2. Plan your class schedule by visiting the LBJ School’s online course schedule at http://www.utexas.edu/lbj/schedule. The Spring 2016 schedule will be available at this link by October 14, 2015.
The LBJ School’s Spring 2016 course schedule may include some recently-added courses that have not yet been assigned a unique number, instructor info or course meeting info. You will be unable to register for these classes until unique numbers have been assigned by the Office of the Registrar (the unique numbers for theses classes are currently listed as “TBD” on the LBJ School’s Spring 2016 course schedule). Unique numbers for these courses, and other missing course information, will be posted as soon as they are available, which may occur after the registration access period opens. Please keep checking the course schedule link above for updates – you will be able to register for these classes once the unique numbers are assigned.
3. Submit any relevant registration paperwork:
If you plan to register for any of the individual instruction courses listed below, you must submit registration paperwork to Chaz Nailor in SRH 3.104A BEFORE you will be permitted to register for the class. All LBJ School student forms are available online at https://www.utexas.edu/lbj/intranet/forms/students.
- The Conference Course Agreement Form (for P A 389 registration)
- The Professional Report Committee Selection and Registration Approval Form (for P A 398R registration)
- The MPAff Internship Approval Form (for P A 396K registration)
- The MGPS Internship Approval Form (for P A 396G registration)
- The Request to Enroll in a Non-LBJ Course Form
MPAff students, remember that you MUST receive Graduate Advisor Pat Wong’s approval to register for any non-LBJ School elective courses. Be certain to consult your specialization coordinator if you are interested in non-LBJ electives.
Register for your Spring 2016 classes online during your assigned registration access period(s).
5. Use the online waitlist system when attempting to register for a class that is already full (‘closed’):
Once the registration access period has opened, you can check course availability on the Registrar’s Online course schedule to learn about which classes are open, closed, restricted, and/or waitlisted. Remember to use your “See My Waitlists” page to check/manage your waitlist status.
6. Don’t double-dip: Register or waitlist only for the courses that you want. This helps us determine where the demand truly is and how many seats we need to open up for the next round of registration. If you have already taken P A 383C Policy Development (PD), you may not repeat registration in another section of PD until 29 October, as priority will be given only to those who have yet to complete this core course requirement. Those who repeat registration in Policy Development (PD) will be removed when we audit course rosters by end of day on 28 October.
7. Confirm your Attendance to classes and/or pay tuition and fees by the deadline:
- Spring Deadline: 5:00pm on Friday, January 22, 2016
8. Utilize Add/Drops to fine-tune your schedule. When add/drops resume in January 2015, you can make changes:
- ONLINE from January 14-22, 2015.
- WITHIN THE COURSE 'HOME' DEPT. from January 25 - February 3, 2015. (Anything with the course abbreviation 'P A' belongs to the LBJ School.)
Click here to see additional Key Dates for Graduate Students
9. Need a registration review?
- Access the Registration and Fee Bill PowerPoint Presentation designed by OSAP.
- A “Registration FAQ” is also available to you at: http://registrar.utexas.edu/students/registration/during/faq
- A “Waitlist FAQ” informational page is available for your review at: http://registrar.utexas.edu/students/registration/during/waitlists