Summer & Fall 2015 Registration Instructions for Currently Enrolled LBJ School Students
Registration for the Summer and Fall 2015 semesters begins on Monday, April 20, 2015, with add/drops resuming in late May.
Be sure to check the LBJ School’s online course schedule before registration commences to note any changes made to the schedule that could affect your registration/enrollment plans.
Follow the steps below to complete registration for the Summer and Fall 2015 semesters:
1. Check your Registration Information Sheet (RIS):
Scroll down to the bottom of the RIS page to learn more about your specific registration access periods during the registration period and to check on any registration bars that may prevent you from registering.
2. Plan your class schedule by visiting the LBJ School’s online course schedule at http://www.utexas.edu/lbj/schedule.
The LBJ School’s Summer and Fall 2015 course schedules may include some recently-added courses that have not yet been assigned a unique number, instructor info or course meeting info. You will be unable to register for these classes until unique numbers have been assigned by the Office of the Registrar (the unique numbers for theses classes are currently listed as “TBD” on the LBJ School’s Fall 2015 course schedule). Unique numbers for these courses, and other missing course information, will be posted as soon as they are available, which may occur after the registration access period opens. Please keep checking the course schedule link above for updates – you will be able to register for these classes once the unique numbers are assigned.
3. Submit any relevant registration paperwork:
If you plan to register for any of the individual instruction courses listed below, you must submit registration paperwork to Chaz Nailor in SRH 3.104A BEFORE you will be permitted to register for the class. All LBJ School student forms are available online at https://www.utexas.edu/lbj/intranet/forms/students.
- The Conference Course Agreement Form (for P A 389 registration)
- The Professional Report Committee Selection and Registration Approval Form (for P A 398R registration)
- The MPAff Internship Approval Form (for P A 396K registration)
- The MGPS Internship Approval Form (for P A 396G registration)
- The Request to Enroll in a Non-LBJ Course Form
MPAff students, remember that you MUST receive Graduate Advisor Pat Wong’s approval to register for any non-LBJ School elective courses. Be certain to consult your specialization coordinator if you are interested in non-LBJ electives.
Register for your Summer and Fall 2015 classes online during your assigned registration access period(s).
5. Use the online waitlist system when attempting to register for a class that is already full (‘closed’):
Once the registration access period has opened, you can check course availability on the Registrar’s Online course schedule to learn about which classes are open, closed, restricted, and/or waitlisted. Remember to use your “See My Waitlists” page to check/manage your waitlist status.
6. Don’t double-dip: Register or waitlist only for the courses that you want. This helps us determine where the demand truly is and how many seats we need to open up for the next round of registration. If you have already taken P A 383C Policy Development (PD), you may not repeat registration in another section of PD until AFTER the incoming cohort for Fall 2015 has registered in late August. Those who repeat registration in Policy Development (PD) will be removed when we audit course rosters over the summer.
7. Confirm your Attendance to classes and/or pay tuition and fees by the deadline:
- Summer Deadline: 5:00pm on Friday, June 5, 2015
- Fall Deadline: 5:00pm on Monday, August 31, 2015
8. Utilize Add/Drops to fine-tune your schedule.
9. Need a registration review?
- Access the Registration and Fee Bill PowerPoint Presentation designed by OSAP.
- A “Registration FAQ” is also available to you at: http://registrar.utexas.edu/students/registration/during/faq
- A “Waitlist FAQ” informational page is available for your review at: http://registrar.utexas.edu/students/registration/during/waitlists