Spring 2014 Registration Instructions for Currently Enrolled LBJ School Students
Spring 2014 semester registration begins on Monday, October 28 at 8:00 AM and runs through 5:00 PM on Friday, November 8, 2013.
Be sure to check the LBJ School's online course schedule on the evening of Sunday, October 27 before registration commences on Monday morning to note any changes made to the schedule over the weekend that could affect your registration plans.
Follow the steps below to complete registration for the Spring 2014 semester:
1. CHECK YOUR RIS (Registration Information Sheet):
Scroll down to the bottom of the page to learn about your specific registration access periods during the October 28- November 8 registration period and to check on any registration bars that may prevent you from registering: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/registrar/ris.WBX.
2. PLAN YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE:
Plan your class schedule by visiting the Spring 2014 LBJ School online course schedule at: http://www.utexas.edu/lbj/schedule.
- Some courses recently added to the LBJ School's Spring 2014 course schedule have not yet been assigned a unique number, instructor info or course meeting info; you will be unable to register for these classes until unique numbers have been assigned by the Registrar (the unique numbers for these classes are currently listed as “TBD” on the LBJ School’s Spring 2014 course schedule). Unique numbers for these courses, and other missing course information, will be posted as soon as they are available, which may be after registration begins. Please keep checking the course schedule link above for updates- you will be able to register for these classes once the unique numbers are assigned.
3. SUBMIT ANY RELEVANT REGISTRATION PAPERWORK:
If you plan to register for any of the individual instruction courses listed below, you must submit registration paperwork to Kristen Hotopp in SRH 3.104A BEFORE you will be eligible to register for the class (please slide your completed form under my door or leave it in my staff mailbox if I am out when you stop by). All LBJ School student forms are available online at: https://www.utexas.edu/lbj/intranet/forms/students.
- The Conference Course Agreement Form (for PA 389 registration) is available online at: https://www.utexas.edu/lbj/intranet/forms/conference-course-registration-form.
- The Professional Report Committee Selection and Registration Approval Form (for PA 398R registration) is available online at: https://www.utexas.edu/lbj/intranet/forms/professional-report-pr-committee-selection-and-registration-approval-form.
- The MPAff Internship Approval Form (for PA 396K registration) is available online at: https://www.utexas.edu/lbj/intranet/forms/mpaff-internship-approval-request-form.
- The MGPS Internship Approval Form (for PA 396G registration) is available online at: https://www.utexas.edu/lbj/intranet/forms/mgps-internship-approval-request-form
- The Request to Enroll in a Non-LBJ Course Form is located at: https://www.utexas.edu/lbj/intranet/forms/request-enroll-non-lbj-school-course.
MPAff students: remember that you MUST receive Graduate Advisor Pat Wong's approval to register for any non-LBJ School elective course that is not already noted as pre-approved on the Non-LBJ MPAff School Pre-Approved Elective list.
Register for your Spring 2014 classes online during the preliminary October 28- November 8 registration period at: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/registration/chooseSemester.WBX.
5. USE THE ONLINE WAITLIST SYSTEM when attempting to register for a class that is already full:
Once the registration period is underway, you can check course availability on the Registrar's Online course schedule to learn about which classes are open, closed and/or waitlisted (see: http://registrar.utexas.edu/schedules/). Remember to use your “See My Waitlists” page to learn about the status of a waitlist, your placement on any given waitlist, or to find out how many people are on a given waitlist: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/registrar/waitlist/wl_see_my_waitlists.WBX.
6. CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE TO CLASSES AND/OR PAY TUITION AND FEES BY THE DEADLINE:
Spring 2014 tuition bills will be available as of November 12, 2013 on the “My Tuition Bill” page online at: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/acct/fb/my_tuition/my_tuition_home.WBX.
The Spring 2014 payment deadline is 5:00 PM on Thursday, January 16.
Failure to pay your tuition and fee bill by the deadline will result in cancellation of your registration.
- Out of State Tuition Waiver Recipients: If your LBJ School offer of admission included an out of state tuition waiver award, your waiver will post to your Spring 2014 tuition and fee bill in December, well in advance of the spring January 16 payment deadline.
- LBJ School Fellowship Recipients: Remember that your fellowship payment will not be released to you until after you’ve paid your tuition bill. LBJ School Fellowship Recipients who pay their Spring 2014 tuition bills before the January 16 deadline will receive fellowship payments within one to two weeks beginning January 13, 2014.
- Important note for students whose tuition and fee bills are paid by a third party (financial aid deferral or special third party scholarship program): even if your fee bill shows a zero balance due, you must still CLICK THE “CONFIRM ATTENDANCE” BUTTON in order TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION and avoid cancellation (at: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/acct/fb/my_tuition/my_tuition_home.WBX). You’ll know you’ve completed the registration process when you see “Your Registration Is Complete” written in green text on your tuition and fee bill.
7. UTILIZE ADDS/DROPS TO FINE-TUNE YOUR SCHEDULE:
The Spring 2014 add/drop period is January 8-16 (January 16 is the fourth class day of the Spring 2014 semester and the last day to add or drop a spring class online).
8. NEED A REGISTRATION REVIEW?
An online registration tutorial is also available to you at: http://www.utexas.edu/student/registrar/registration/howto/reg.html.
A “Waitlist FAQ” informational page is available to you for review at: http://registrar.utexas.edu/students/registration/during/waitlists.