Four Colleges and Schools Receive Top Marks in U.S. News & World Report Rankings
March 13, 2012
AUSTIN, Texas — Four colleges and schools at The University of Texas at Austin were ranked in the Top 10 in their areas by U.S. News & World Report, according to the 2013 graduate rankings released March 13.
The College of Education again ranked No. 1 among public institutions and No. 3 nationally. The school’s highly rated departments include educational administration, educational psychology and special education.
The Cockrell School of Engineering retained its No. 8 ranking, with Top 10 rated programs in aerospace, chemical, civil, computer and environmental engineering.
The College of Pharmacy ranked No. 4 and the School of Social Work ranked No. 7. Some programs did not receive new rankings this year, including the sciences and humanities, although their most recent rankings are included in the print and online versions of the magazine.
Other programs ranking in the top 10 in their area this year, include:
- Accounting (McCombs School of Business), No. 1
- Information Systems (McCombs School of Business), No. 4
- Entrepreneurship (McCombs School of Business), No. 7
- Information and Technology Management (Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs), No. 8
- Nonprofit Management (Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs), No. 8
- Speech-Language Pathology (College of Communication), No. 10