Awards & Recognition
Bicycle Friendly University- Bronze Level
(Years Received: 2013-2017)
- Given by The League of American Bicyclist to the university for promoting and providing a more bikeable campus for students, staff and visitors. The university is evaluated in five primary areas: engineering, encouragement, education, enforcement and evaluation/planning.
Commuter Challenge Champion Employer
(Years Received: 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005)
- Given by Commute Solutions to the university for having the highest number of employees participating in alternative transportation in Austin.
Best Workplace for Commuters
(Years Received: 2011, 2010, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003)
- Given by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Transportation to the university for ensuring a minimum level of employee participation, designating a central point of contact for employee questions, providing an emergency ride home for participating employees, and offering a choice of commuter benefits.
Commuter Choice Leadership Initiative
(Year Received: 2002)
- Given by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Transportation to PTS for providing incentives that encourage employees to commute to and from work in ways that cut air pollution, reduce traffic congestion, reduce employee commuting expenses and cut taxes for both employers and employees.
International Parking Award of Merit
(Year Received: 2000 Brazos Garage)
- Given by the International Parking Institute to the university for the design of a garage that houses more than 800 spaces.
Weirdest Commute – Honorable Mention
(Year Received: 2007 PTS Electric Chariot – Blanca Juarez)
- Given by Commute Solutions to PTS for developing an unusual alternative transportation solution to get around campus.
Distinguished Service Award
Given by the Texas Parking and Transportation Association to recognize an individual for providing outstanding leadership and service to the transportation industry.
- 2014: Rob Harrington
- 2013: Bobby Stone
Parking Employee of the Year
Given by the Texas Parking and Transportation Association to recognize an individual employee and their contributions to the transportation industry.
- 2014: Dr. Bob Harkins
Eyes Of Texas Excellence award
Given by the student members of The Eyes of Texas, an anonymous campus organization, the award is given to ten deserving UT faculty, administration or staff members each semester.
- 2014: Michael Shaw
Executive of the Year
Given by Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) - Austin Chapter - to recognize individuals for providing outstanding leadership to their respective business within the transportation industry.
- 2011: Bobby Stone
Given by University Operations to individuals who demonstrate the core values of service, leadership, innovation, creativity, and excellence.
- 2014: Joseph Gregory
- 2014: Michael Shaw
- 2011: Blanca Juarez
- 2010: Paul Aleman
- 2009: Alberto Garza
- 2008: Dave Kazmirski and Chelsea Oakes
- 2007: Ronnie Breeding and Margaret Rogers
- 2005: Mark Smyth and Abraham Vasquez
- 2004: Gloria Collins