The Texas Express
How does Texas Express work?
- Texas Express is exclusively available to UT students, faculty, staff, and their friends and family.*
- Departs from and drops off at the Jester turn-around on Speedway.
- Tickets are now available online and by phone (see below).
- There are no stand-by's for the Texas Express.
Departure & Arrival Schedules
|Destination||From Campus (Friday**)||To Campus (Sunday**)||Buy Now|
|Dallas Map & Details||2 p.m.||5:30 p.m. (Mockingbird)
6:00 p.m. (UT Dallas Traffic Circle)
|3:15 p.m. (Mockingbird)||7 p.m.||$55 round trip
$45 one way
|4 p.m.||7:45 p.m. (Mockingbird)
8:15 p.m. (UT Dallas Traffic Circle)
|$55 round trip
$45 one way
|Houston Map & Details||2 p.m.||
5 p.m. (North West)
|4 p.m. (North West)||7 p.m.||$55 round trip
$35 one way
|4 p.m.||7 p.m. (North West)
7:45 p.m. (Univ Houston Main Campus)
|$55 round trip
$35 one way
Map & Details
|2 p.m.||3:30 p.m. (UTSA - main campus)
4 p.m. (UTSA - downtown campus)
|4 p.m. (UTSA - main campus)||5:45 p.m.||$40.50 round trip
$30.50 one way
Tickets & Boarding Information
- Tickets are available online at ProTix or calling 1-866-977-6849.
- When purchasing tickets online, they will not be mailed to you. There is no ticket will-call. Simply bring your UT ID to the Jester turn-around on Speedway.
- All tickets must be purchased by noon on the day of departure.**
- Tickets are round trip, valid only on selected dates, and non-refundable.
- A valid UT photo ID is required* to board the bus.
- Arrive at the bus stop at least 30 minutes before departure; the bus will leave promptly at its scheduled time.
- Buses arrive and depart from campus at Jester.
- If you have any questions during business hours, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the PTS Office at 512-471-5891 or 512-471-7275.
- If you have any questions regarding the status of the bus over the weekend, please call Star Shuttle at 800-341-6000.
- Responsibility: Star Shuttle, Inc. ("Star Shuttle") and The University of Texas at Austin ("the university") act only as an agent in arranging transportation, and as such are not responsible for any damages, loss, delay, injury or accident due to weather, or any act of default of any company engaged in providing service included in our tours. We reserve the right to cancel any tour or make changes in any itinerary as we deem necessary. Star Shuttle and the university are not responsible to any person for expenses, loss of time or money or other circumstances resulting from a change in itinerary or change of tour arrangements made by it for tour members. Any person may be dismissed from any tour at any time should his or her conduct not be in harmony with the rest of the passengers and no further obligation will be assumed by Star Shuttle, the university, or anyone in their employ.
- Baggage: Each passenger is allowed one standard size suitcase. In addition, each passenger may bring a small carry-on bag measuring a maximum of 20"×15"×8" and is to be handled by the passenger at all times.
- Ticket Exchange Policy: Please submit the information listed below to email@example.com on the Friday by noon prior to your departure date of your original purchased ticket. A $4 fee will be accessed by ProTix for each exchange.
- Original scheduled departure date
- New date for exchange
- Please note: Exchanges are not guaranteed and if your ticket is exchanged, you will be notified by e-mail before your original scheduled departure date.
- Patron Arrival Time: PTS and Star Shuttle ask for each patron to arrive at the bus stop at least 30 minutes prior to departure to ensure proper boarding and to retain your reservation. PTS has the right to refuse boarding to anyone who arrives less than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. For those who arrive less than 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure time, refunds or exchanges will not be granted.
If you require special assistance or an ADA accessible shuttle, please contact the PTS Main Office at 512-471-5891 or 512-471-7275 two weeks before your scheduled departure to make arrangements. An ADA shuttle may not be available if the PTS Main Office is not notified two weeks in advance.
* Friends and family are welcome to accompany UT students, faculty, and staff on the Texas Express, but at least one valid UT photo ID is still required to board the bus.
** Departure/arrival days and ticket pick-up dates are subject to change for holidays and other special events. See service dates for more information.