Search Payroll:

askus icon

Payroll Services

Retiree/Surviving Dependent Insurance Billing Information

Billing Schedule

Bills are issued quarterly during the fiscal year (September – August). Payments are due by the 10th of the month.


Bills Mailed

1st Installment or
Full Payment Due Date

2nd Installment
Due Date

3rd Installment
Due Date

1st (Sep – Nov)


Oct. 10

Oct. 10

Nov. 10

2nd (Dec – Feb)


Dec. 10

Jan. 10

Feb. 10

3rd (Mar – May)


Mar. 10

April 10

May 10

4th (Jun – Aug)


June 10

July 10

Aug. 10

Payment Options

The following table explains your payment options. Remember to use the coupon provided with your bill to ensure proper credit for your payments. Credit card payments cannot be accepted by phone.


Automatic Payment via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) from your bank account is a convenient payment option and can be set up either online or by submitting a paper enrollment form. Your AutoPay enrollment remains in effect until updated or canceled. You do not need to re-enroll each fiscal year.

  • To complete your enrollment online, an upgraded UT EID is required to access the AutoPay website. To upgrade your UT EID, go to the ID Center, located on the 1st floor of the Flawn Academic Center (FAC), and bring a government issued photo id as proof of identity.
  • In lieu of online enrollment, complete the Automatic Payment Request Authorization Form and mail it to the address on the back of the form. Please do not send the form with your payment.
  • For questions about AutoPay, contact Payroll Services at (512) 471-5271.


  • What I Owe (upgraded UT EID required) allows you to make one time, online payments by credit card, electronic funds transfer (EFT), or electronic check. Go to What I Owe to view your insurance bill and follow the instructions on how to make payments.

U S Mail:

  • Mail payments to:

    The University of Texas at Austin
    P O Box 13177
    Austin, TX 78711

Check or
Money Order:

  • Make payments payable to: The University of Texas at Austin
  • Include your UT EID (located on the retiree insurance bill next to your name)
  • Write "Retiree Insurance" on the check or money order

Credit Card:

  • Provide your credit card number and expiration date*
  • Specify the amount of your payment
  • Sign the payment coupon

*Only MasterCard and Discover are accepted. Credit card payments are not accepted by phone.


  • For proper credit on monthly installment payments, include a message with your payment indicating that you are paying for "University of Texas at Austin - Retiree Insurance" and provide:
  • Your name
  • UT EID (located on your bill next to your name)
  • Check or credit card number, expiration date and amount to be charge

Cancellation Policy

Payments may be made quarterly or in monthly installments. Insurance payments are due on the 10th of each month. If payment is not received by the due date, your insurance coverage could be canceled. If the due date falls on a weekend or holiday, payment is due on the next business day.

Address Changes


  • Go to My Employee Information (upgraded UT EID required)
  • Select "Addresses & Email" in the navigation bar on the left
  • Update both the W-2 (permanent) and the U.S. (local) addresses

By Fax or US Mail:

By Email:

  • Email the Human Resource Service Center with your name, UT EID, new address and any other changes, such as your phone number, e-mail address or emergency contact information.

By Phone:

Long Term Care for Retirees

Long Term Care insurance is not administered by the University of Texas and is not included in your Retiree Insurance bill. Please contact Continental Casualty Company (CNA) at 1-888-825-0353 between 8:00 and 6:00 (EST) to notify them that you have retired and need to be billed at your home address.

Retirees from UT System Administration

Beginning Sept. 1, 2013, UT Benefits Billing will administer the retire insurance billing for employees that retired from UT System Administration. Questions should be directed to or 855-6UTBill (855-688-2455). This is a toll free number.

Contact Information

  • For billing or payment questions, contact Payroll Services at 512-471-5271.
  • For eligibility or enrollment questions, contact the Human Resource Service Center at 512-471-4772 or 1-800-687-4178.
  • For coverage or claims questions, please contact the insurance company. See Insurance Contacts for more information on contacting the insurance company directly.