Student Travel

Student Travel Policy for International Travel

To support all students traveling to international locations, the university has an international travel policy. All enrolled undergraduate, graduate and professional students participating in activities or events abroad (whether required or optional) must comply with this policy. Students covered by this policy must obtain prior authorization for such travel from the Study Abroad International Office.

Student Travel Policy for University Organized or Sponsored Events

This policy applies to the travel of enrolled undergraduate and graduate students to attend activities or events that are organized and/or sponsored by the university and occur more than 25 miles from the university campus.

An organized event is one that is initiated, planned and arranged by a member of the university's faculty, staff or sponsored student organization and is approved by an appropriate administrator.

A sponsored event or activity is one that the university endorses by supporting it financially or by sending students to participate in it as official representatives of the University.

Student Travel Policy for Registered Student Organizations

This policy applies to the travel of student members of a registered student organization when the organization requires its student members to attend an activity or event and that activity or event occurs more than 25 miles from the university campus.

Registered student organizations that require student members travel to and from events or activities that are covered by this policy must obtain prior authorization for such travel from Student Activities in the Dean of Students Office.

Travel related forms:

Below are various forms that may be required for student travel. Completed forms should be retained by the department. If the forms cannot be downloaded, paper copies are available from the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.

Special Events Health Insurance

Special Events Health Insurance is REQUIRED for uninsured students who travel to university-organized or sponsored events, or when travel is required for registered student organizations. This short-term accident and sickness insurance is offered by the Student Insurance Division.

To obtain this coverage, please print, complete and fax the Special Events Invoice below to (817) 809-4701. The form should include information for each traveling student who does not have proof of current medical insurance.

The completed Request for Special Events Insurance forms acts as the invoice for the coverage. Please include a copy of this invoice with payment. The agency or department completing the form must be prepared to either make payment from program/departmental funds or from funds collected from the students involved. The billing will be at the rate of $6.50 per day for each student for the duration of the trip, which includes travel to and from the designated location(s). A copy of the Special Events Invoice should accompany the student during the trip.

Student Insurance related forms:


Tuesday, Oct. 13, 5 p.m. -7 p.m.:
Tuesday, Oct. 13, 6 p.m. -7 p.m.:
Tuesday, Oct. 13, 7 p.m. -6 p.m.: