The mission of Transforming UT: Business Productivity Initiative is to keep a UT Austin degree as affordable as possible for our students and their families. This can be accomplished by freeing up recurring resources to invest in our core missions of teaching and research in order to become the best university in America.
To make better use of our current assets in four ways:
- Examine how to make strategic investments, adopt policy changes and make building improvements that are intended to increase conservation of energy.
- Examine the possibility of selling excess electricity.
- Examine how to efficiently manage campus food services and price with a rational strategy that fits with the overall campus environment recognizing that the principal users are students, staff and faculty.
- Examine how to efficiently manage the use of its Main and Pickle Research Campus parking assets and price its use in accord with a rational pricing strategy that recognizes the principal users are students, staff and faculty.
- To raise the level of Technology and Commercialization developed on our campus to spur innovation, foster entrepreneurship and generate economic growth in central Texas and across the state.
- To move to an administrative shared services model for finance, procurement, information technology, human resource and payroll functions.