The following information is required on your syllabus.
Download this information in a PDF file
Sample Signature Course syllabi are available to download from our Signature Course Essentials sample documents page.
- Course name, number, unique number and semester (unique numbers are found in the course schedule)
- When and where the class meets
- Instructor’s name
- Instructor’s office location and phone number (instructor & TA contact information & office hours are optional for the version to be posted online by the university)
- Instructor’s office hours
- Discussion section(s) time and place (if applicable)
- Teaching assistant(s)/grader(s) name(s), office, phone number, and office hours (if applicable)
Course Overview and Objectives
- Overall academic goals
- Course overview
- Specific topics for each class meeting
- Readings and problems to be assigned