Theater audio/visual techs at Hogg Auditorium are an important part of the event production team. A/V techs manage, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the state of the art audio systems, video projection systems and associated equipment at Hogg. They train performers and crew members in the operation and care of A/V equipment used during events, advise the production team on anticipated A/V requirements for events, help develop and maintain inventory controls for Hogg audio equipment, and provide technical support during performances/events. Event duties can range from backstage audio operations including wireless mic setup and management to running the cinema projector to operating the front of house digital mixing board.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in both assessing the A/V requirements of performance groups and forming and executing a plan to meet those needs within the constraints of Hogg’s facilities.
• Work with performers and stagehands to train them in the operation of the A/V systems that they will be dealing with directly.
• Supervise and participate in set-up and/or operation of audio gear including monitors, microphones and stands, cables, etc. for performances.
• Run pre-show sound checks and troubleshoot issues.
• Operate digital audio recorder and/or gimbaled remote video camera as required.
• Maintain inventory control system, make minor repairs, and inform production team of needed equipment repair or replacement.
• Develop a strong working understanding of the various other technical and operational systems contained within Hogg Auditorium, including lighting, electrical, backstage operations and management, emergency/fire safety and rigging.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.