Academic advising is key to success at any institution of higher learning. At The University of Texas at Austin, academic advisers are valuable resources to students as they plan their undergraduate career and, ultimately, prepare for graduation.
To serve the needs of a diverse group of students, the university has established a variety of academic advising centers to address the concerns of students throughout their undergraduate careers.
Colleges & Schools Advising Offices
Advisers in the colleges and schools assist students in understanding the requirements necessary to complete their chosen major, inform them about appropriate course sequences and course content, and provide information about graduate school and career opportunities.
- McCombs School of Business Undergraduate Advising
- College of Communication Advising Staff
- College of Education Advising
- Cockrell School of Engineering Advising
- College of Fine Arts Advising
- School of Information Graduate Advising
- Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs Graduate Advising
- College of Liberal Arts Advising
- College of Natural Sciences Academic Advising Centers
- School of Nursing Office of Student Affairs
- College of Pharmacy Advising
- School of Social Work Advising
- School of Undergraduate Studies Center for Strategic Advising & Career Counseling
Graduate Student Academic Services Office
The Graduate Student Academic Services Office Student Services area of the Graduate School works closely with you and your department on services such as orientation, adding and dropping courses, registration procedures, student academic employment, degree evaluation and convocation.
The Sanger Learning Center
The Sanger Learning Center helps undergraduate and graduate students navigate through academic life at the university and prepares them for the world beyond. The center provides tutoring, academic coaching and other learning assistance.
Health Professions Advising
The Health Professions Advising office advises students interested in pursuing a career in the health professions, including medicine, dentistry, physical therapy, pharmacy and physician assistant.