Cinéma Français Today: Cannes Film Festival Essay Contest
Posted: February 5, 2010
WIN A TRIP TO THE 2010 CANNES FILM FESTIVAL
Trip includes FREE Airfare, Lodging, and Festival Pass (May 13-May 22) in Cannes for one UT Undergraduate
• Open to UT undergraduates under the age of 25
• Essay will be 1000 words, typed, in Word 97-03 DOC format.
• Essay will concern the film Little Senegal, to be screened February 8 at 7 PM at Dobie Theatre. The screening is FREE.
• You need not attend the screening to submit an essay.
• The essays will be in English (but practical knowledge of French will be required for the stay in Cannes).
• The first third of the essay will concern background information about the film, including but not limited to the director, cinematographer, and crew, and other related films. This portion should also concern the social or political context of the film.
• The second third shall include a technical analysis of the film based on cinematic techniques.
• The final third will concern your personal reaction to the film, its aesthetics, and its importance.
• Complete bibliography and notes are required.
• All entries are to be submitted to Jonathan Evans at email@example.com
• The essays will be judged by a panel of faculty and graduate students.
• Some competence in French will be necessary during your stay in Cannes.
• Deadline for submission is 5 p.m. on Monday, February 15.
• The winner will be notified on or after February 28.