Software and Data Archives
An extensive collection of software is maintained on the network and locally on desktops. The software includes but is not limited to:
- demographic analysis programs
- statistical packages including SAS, SPSS, STATA, and SUDAAN
- office suites including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation packages
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) packages including Arc/Info, ArcView, and Atlas GIS
- various communication packages.
The PRC data archives include US and foreign Census and survey tapes and their accompanying codebooks. Working copies of the archived data are stored on-site for easy access, and the original data are stored in an off-site vault.
The Data Services facility organizes and maintains a Media Library of IBM nine-track tapes, cartridges, CDs, disk data sets and 8mm tapes.