Interested in being a Teaching Assistant with the Summer Language Institute?
Posted: January 11, 2012
TAs will live in residence in Dobie Dormitory alongside students, assisting them with their intensive language learning experience throughout the program, 5/31 – 8/13. TAs will receive paid room and board for the duration of the institute, in addition to the usual TA stipend and benefits.
All TAs must meet the basic requirements listed below. If interested, please contact the Texas Language Center at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Be a native or near native speaker of Czech, Italian, Vietnamese, or Yiddish;
• Be a degree-seeking graduate student (UT Austin) who is making satisfactory progress toward a graduate degree without existing conditional admission requirements imposed by the Vice Provost and Dean of Graduate Studies;
• Be enrolled in three semester hours of course work during Summer 2011 (this does not include enrollment in University Extension or Independent Study & Research (ISR) courses);
• Maintain at least a 3.0 graduate grade-point average; and
• Have no more than two grades of X (temporary incomplete), or one grade of X and one grade of I (permanent incomplete).
TAs who are international students must also:
• Have English language certification; and
• Attend the International TA/AI Orientation if appointed as a TA or AI with student contact.