Fri, April 29, 2011 | Texas Union Theatre (UNB 2.228), Texas Union, The University of Texas at Austin
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
FANDANGO 2011 will feature dances by Grupo Flor y Canto and music by the UT Conjunto Music Ensemble.
The festivities will include:
• Costa Chica: Mestizo dances from the coastal region of Guerrero, Mexico.
• Sevillanas: Andalusians dance the sevillanas during the spring ferias.
• Rumba Gitana: Flamenco dance form with influences from Afro-Caribbean rhythms and movements.
• Fiesta en Tlacotalpan: Dances associated with the carnival in Veracruz, Mexico.
• Conjunto: Melodies, rhythms, and instrumentals from a variety of Tex-Mex traditions
• Son Jarocho: African-influenced dances from southern Veracruz with syncopated poly-rhythmic patterns.
Refreshments will be provided by CMAS and prizes will be provided by the University CO-OP.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
FANDANGO 2011 is sponsored by the University CO-OP, the Division of Diversity and Community Engagement, the Center for Mexican American Studies, and Grupo Flor y Canto.
- Advisory Committee
- Benson Program
- Postdoctoral Program
- Visit CMAS
- Student Poster Art Scholarship
Center for Mexican American Studies
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX, 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: