Liberal Arts Career Services, Part-Time Recruiting Assistant Opportunity for UT Students, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7648
Sun, November 24, 2013
Our mission statement, "Translating a liberal arts education into a world of opportunities," succinctly sums up our services. Our goal is to help our students go "Beyond the Tower" through our career coaching, recruiting and support services.
If this sounds like an interesting mission and you would like to join our team as we help prepare liberal arts students for a great variety of current and future opportunities – we welcome you to consider this position.
Purpose of Position
Liberal Arts Career Services is seeking a student worker to support our recruiting program. The person in this position will process and market job and internship opportunities; assist in planning and organizing our fall and spring recruiting events; and complete recruiting-related administrative tasks.
• Provide administrative support to the LACS Recruiting Team
• Update and manage multiple online recruiting databases, calendars and systems
• Process and market jobs and internships in our career management database
• Assist with career fair and other recruiting event management
• Help promote office events to Liberal Arts students
As a member of the LACS Recruiting Team, the student recruiting assistant will:
• Provide support to the LACS Administrative Team
• Assist with implementing LACS social media initiatives (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
This position is open to any undergraduate student enrolled in the fall 2013, spring 2014 and fall 2014 semesters at The University of Texas at Austin.
Required: Excellent organizational and communication skills. Great attention to detail. Basic computer and technology skills. Ability to think creatively and to see a project through to completion. Strong time management skills. Works well with a team. Enthusiastic attitude. Interest in career services.
Preferred: Liberal Arts undergraduate background. Some experience managing and processing data in an online database and providing administrative support.
This position requires 10-15 hours a week, with preference for hours during weekday afternoons (between 1pm and 5pm). The position start date will be between January 2nd 2014 and January 9th 2014. This position is scheduled to continue through the academic year.
See BTT Gateway Job ID 7648. Application Deadline 11/24
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- International Opportunities
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
- About Us
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: