University of Texas Press Fellowship Program - Application Deadline
Fri, March 29, 2013
The University of Texas Press is offering two publishing fellowships for the 2013–2014 year,
beginning September 1, 2013, and ending August 31, 2014.
• The Fellowship program is designed to give one year of experience in book publishing to the
most qualified applicants.
• The 2013–2014 Fellowships are being offered in two areas of concentration, Design and
Production, and Editorial. Applicants must indicate on their application which area they are
applying for. The Fellowship will consist of one year of intensive training in the above
departments, with exposure to and instruction in the operations of the other departments.
• The objective of the program is to help prepare the Fellow for a career in book publishing.
• The emphasis will be on scholarly publishing, although much of the training will apply equally
well to commercial publishing.
The application can be downloaded from the University of Texas Press website at
http://www.utexas.edu/utpress/about/fellow.html. Applicants may also call to request an
application by mail.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
• Completed application form
• Résumé, max. 2 pages
• One-page personal statement explaining your interest in the Fellowship and in publishing.
Applications due by 3/29/2013.