Making the Most of the Career Fair Workshop
Mon, October 7, 2013 • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM • FAC 18
October 7th, 2013
Do you want to know how to talk with employers and to create opportunities for yourself at the Career & Internship Fair on October 7th, 2013? If so, this workshop is for you!
Making the Most of the Career Fair
Date: October 7th, 2013
Location: LACS Library, FAC 18
Who: All Liberal Arts Students
What to Bring: something for notes, questions you have
Attend this workshop to learn from the Austin Enterprise Rent-A-Car Recruiter what works and doesn’t work at a Career Fair and what employers are really looking for.
Have you ever wondered...
- How do I walk up to a booth and start a conversation with an employer?
- What should my elevator speech say about me?
- What are topics I should bring up and which ones should I avoid?
- What do I wear to a Career Fair?
- What do I take with me?
- Are there ways to find out about jobs that aren’t posted?
- When is the best time of day to go to the Career Fair?
- How do I respond if an employer wants to interview me?
If you have asked yourself any of these questions: this workshop is for you!
We will address all of these topics:
- How to make the best first impression.
- What questions you should ask employers.
- Who will be there and what they are looking for.
- How to follow up after the event