Liberal Arts Internship Course Application: Part I
Thank you for your interest in the Liberal Arts credit-based internship courses. These courses have a three-step application process:
- Application Part I (this form) - completed by you, the student
- Register/Add the Course - completed by you, the student
- Application Part II (Learning Agreement) - completed by you and your internship supervisor
The information you provide in this form will be used to evaluate your eligibility as well as your internship site/employer's eligibility for the course. Part I of your application will be reviewed within two business days of receipt. Once it has been reviewed, you will receive an email message with details for completing parts 2 and 3 of the application process. If it is not approved, you will receive an email message with your status details.
Am I eligible to enroll in an LA internship course?
The Liberal Arts internship courses are open to all College of Liberal Arts students, regardless of major, who meet the following requirements:
- You have a 2.25 or higher GPA
- You have at least 30+ credit hours by the start of the course
- You are registered with BTT Gateway
- You are in good academic standing at UT Austin
- If you have taken any of the LA internship courses in a previous semester, you earned a passing grade in each course (you have never failed an LA internship course)
What are my course options?
- LA 320, the three-credit upper-division course, is offered each fall and spring semester as well as each whole-summer session.
- LA 110wb, the one-credit lower-division course, is offered each fall and spring semester – students can only enroll in this course if the internship site requires credit.
- LA f110wb and LA s110wb, the abbreviated four- to five-week one-credit lower-division courses, are offered each first and second summer term.
How many internship hours per week do the courses require?
- During the fall and spring semesters, LA 320wb and LA 110wb require 10 hours per week at your internship site for a minimum of 12 weeks between the first and last class days of the semester.
- During the summer, LA 320wb requires 14 hours per week at your internship site for a minimum of 9 weeks between the first and last class days of the whole-summer session. LA f110wb and s110wb require 12 hours per week at your internship site for a minimum of 4 weeks between the first and last class days of the term in which you are enrolled.
What are the application and registration deadlines?
By the appropriate deadline date listed below, you must complete and submit the four-page hardcopy Course Application Form and you must add/register for the course. Once the deadline has passed, the course will be officially closed.
- Summer LA 320wb (whole session) & LA f110wb (first-term): June 10, 2014 at 4:00 PM
- Summer LA s110wb (second session): July 17, 2014 at 4:00 PM
- Fall LA 320wb & LA 110wb: September 8, 2014 at 4:00 PM
- Spring LA 320wb & LA 110wb: January 30, 2015 at 4:00 PM
Contact Amira Sounny-Slitine, Internship Course Coordinator, at 512-471-7900 or at email@example.com.