REDCap Data Capture at the PRC
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure, web-based application designed exclusively to support data capture for research studies.
- An intuitive interface for data entry with data validation
- Audit trails for tracking data manipulation and export procedures
- Automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R)
- Procedures for importing data from external sources
Advantages of REDCap
- Secure and web-based - Input data from anywhere in the world with secure web authentication and data logging.
- Data storage and backups -Your data is stored and backed up on PRC servers, which are approved for Category I data.
- Flexible Databases – Can be used for longitudinal studies, scheduling, paper/pencil forms, telephone interviews, and much more.
- Fast and flexible - Conception to production-level database in less than one day.
- Multi-site access - REDCap projects can be used by researchers from multiple sites and institutions.
- Export data to common data analysis packages- Exports raw data and syntax files for SAS, Stata, R, and SPSS for analysis.
- Fully customizable - You are in total control of shaping your database.
- Mid-study modifications - You may modify the database at any time during the course of your study.
- Data import functions - Data may be imported from external data sources to begin a study or to provide mid-study data uploads.
- Data comparison functions - Double data entry / Blinded data entry
How to get started building a REDCap Database
Click here for Video Tutorials. You do not need to log in to watch the tutorials.
For more information about REDCap at the PRC
Visit the REDCap Info site at: http://www.prc.utexas.edu/redcapinfo
- Brown Bag Seminars
- Administrative Services
- Computing Services
- Program Announcements
- Featured Publications
- Funding Requests
- Employment Opportunities
- Giving to the PRC
- Texas Census Research Data Center
- PRC Alumni
Population Research Center
University of Texas at Austin
305 E. 23rd Street
Austin, Texas 78712-1699
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: