Contact a Current Plan II Student
Below are the names of some Plan II student recruiters who are available to answer any questions you may have about life in Plan II, and other “insider information” you seek. These current students will be happy to share their personal impressions of Plan II, their decision process when they chose Plan II over other schools, their classroom and dorm experiences, their “extra-curricular” experiences, etc.
For instructions on how to apply to Plan II, please browse through our Admission pages, which direct you to official application information.
The following Plan II students may be contacted if you have questions you would like to ask of a current Plan II Honors student. Feel free to ask them questions you may have about the Program, your decision to attend Plan II Honors, if they combine Plan II with another major or degree, or any other concerns you might anticipate as a applicant.
FYE=first year entered (UT Austin and Plan II Honors); so.......10=fall 2010, and 12=fall semester of 2012, etc.
Student Contacts Pursuing Double-Majors in Liberal Arts
- Kelsey Aubrey, Plan II Honors//Rhetoric and Writing (FYE 10) Bridging Disciplines Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship & Non-Profits and minor in French. Study abroad in Guatemala, summer 2012.
- Chantelle Barretto, Plan II Honors/International Relations and Global Studies (FYE 11) Interests: theatre, singing and environmental protection.
- Nicole Bueno, Plan II Honors/Government. (FYE 12) Interests: Law and politics. P2SA Co-Treasurer, 2013/2014.
- Sinthuja Devarajan, Plan II Honors/Psychology (BS) (FYE 12)
- Ciaran Dean-Jones, Plan II Honors/History (FYE 11) also interested in literature and classics
- Connor Healy, Plan II Honors (FYE 11) Forty Acres Scholar! Considering additional majors in History and/or Philosophy.
- Connor Hughes, Plan II Honors. Pre-med. (FYE 12) Student Government, Research, Ultimate Frisbee, Hospital Volunteering, Earn Your Orange, Ukulele
- Ben Johnson, Plan II Honors/Economics and Business Foundations certification (FYE 11) P2SA Co-Vice-President 2013/2014
- Tatum Jolink, Plan II Honors/Psychology/History (FYE 11), Terry Foundation Scholar. P2SA Volunteer Co-Chair 2013/2014
- Willa Jolink, Plan II Honors/Hispanic Studies/Pre-Med Major (FYE 11), P2SA Social Co-Chair 2013/14, Kappa Kappa Gamma Education Chairman, Terry Foundation Scholar, Relay for Life Sponsorship and Outreach Chairman.
- Jack Ken, Plan II Honors/History (FYE 10) Special Interests: Lacrosse, Creative Writing, Sailing, Longhorn Football, Modern History
- Taylor Levesque, Plan II Honors (FYE 11). Minor(s)/Certificate(s): Business Foundations/Elements of Computer Programming. Special Interests: Law
Organizations: BYX, Camp Texas
- Lindsey Limbaugh, Plan II Honors/Psychology (FYE 12) Special Interests: Pre-Med, Study Abroad (Italy)
- Anu Malya, Plan II Honors/Pre-med (FYE 10) Interests: writing, medical humanities, the environment, German, Bharatanatyam, Nazar editor & writer, Pratham, Freeman Scholar, Junior Fellows, & former Jester East RA. On 5 year program, with 1 year of study abroad (exchange) in Singapore!
- Carson Modrall, Plan II Honors/Religious Studies/Government (FYE 11) Interests: pre-law, theatre, film, politics, international security (Admissions Assistant 2013/2014 and P2SA Treasurer 13/14)
- Brooks Naylor, Plan II Honors/English. (FYE 11) Interests are theater (producer of the Broccoli Project) and Shakespeare (Shakespeare at Windale summer class). P2SA Co-President 2013/2014.
- Colleen O'Neill, Plan II Honors/Pre-med (FYE 12) Bridging Disciplines Program: Social Inequality, Health, & Policy. P2SA Little P's Coordinator 2013-14.
- Shyam Popat, Plan II Honors/Pre-med (FYE 11) Participated in Plan II in Costa Rica, summer 2013.
- Zachary Stone, Plan II Honors/Economics/Government/History and a minor in Accounting (FYE 12). I intend to go to law school. My interests include politics, debating (I am president of Plan II Debate), reading, travelling, cooking, hiking, and coffee.
- Lillian Wang, Plan II Honors/Psychology (BS) FYE 12
- Margaret Wellick, Plan II Honors (FYE 11) rock climbing, Texas Outdoorsmen club, community service, worked with Americorps during gap year following high school
Double-Majors in Architecture
- Rachel Larson, Plan II Honors/ Architecture (FYE 12). Forty Acres Scholar.
- Hank Parker, Plan II Honors/Architecture (FYE 11) Business Foundations (Completed Halliburton Business Foundations Summer Institute) and Commercial Real Estate certificates through McCombs School of Business. I transferred into Architecture as a second-year student, so I am able to advise on the transfer process. Lived in Castillian Dorms 1st year; currently living in a house with fraternity brothers north of campus. Can advise what steps necessary to secure off-campus housing. Beta Upsilon Chi (BYX) fraternity. Austin Stone Community Church.
- Luca Senise, Plan II Honors/Architecture (FYE 11)
- Taylor Stumberg, Plan II Honors/Architecture (FYE 11) Other Academic Endeavors: currently pursuing "Environment" and "Social Entrepreneurship & Non-Profit" certificates through the Bridging Disciplines Program. She transfered into Architecture as a second-year student so is able to advice on the transfer (to another college, while continuing in Plan II) process. Other Interests/Areas of Advice: student housing (lived in Kinsolving last year; currently live in a housing cooperative in west campus), peer advising, Texas Ballroom, Alpha Lambda Delta and Phi Eta Sigma (ALDPES), the internal transfer process and my emphatic love for Plan II..... casually researching the impact of the comic book industry on society (and vice versa). I'm also casually researching the impact of the comic book industry on society (and vice versa)
Double-Majors in Fine Arts
- Rosalind Faires, Plan II Honors/Theatre and Dance: focus on theatre (FYE 11)
- Callie Harakal, Plan II Honors/Music (piano major, but also a singer) and pre-med (FYE 11) Longhorn Singers - UT's official show choir; Austin Stone Communitiy Church and other Christian organizations (Phi Lamb, Ignite, and Young Life)
- Hannah Rotwein, Plan II Honors/Studio Art, (FYE 13), 5-year program to complete a BA and BFA
Double-Majors in Communication
- Valerie Chang, Plan II Honors/Public Relations, (FYE 13), Special Interests: Broccoli Project, donuts and cats, but my special interests are mostly still a work in progress. (I am but a freshman!).
- Jori Epstein, Plan II Honors/Journalism (FYE 12) Member of AEPhi, Daily Texan staffer, involved in Intrumural Sports, Chabad and Hillel activities
- Judy Hong, Plan II Honors/Broadcast Journalism (FYE 11) Pre-Law track. Interests: Senate of College Councils, Law, Theatre and Performance, Music
- Miguel Rayos, Plan II/Advertising (FYE 10), Spent 12/13 academic year on study abroad in Paris.
- Jordan Rudner, Plan II Honors/Journalism (FYE 12) Involved in the Senate of College Councils and H2O (Hunger and Homelessness Outreach, a community service organization.
Double-Majors in Natural Sciences
- Kian Azimpoor, Plan II Honors/Biology (FYE 11)
- Tiffany Chan, Plan II Honors/ Textiles and Apparel Design (formerly Chemical Engineering Honors) (FYE 12). Special Interests: Chi Kappa Phi Service Society, Texas Polo Team
- Penner Lyke, Plan II Honors/Plan II/Biology/Pre-med (FYE 12) In high school I was part of student council, many volunteer projects, on the football team, and a 2 year Varsity baseball team captain at a large 4A.
- Nicole Kruijs, Plan II Honors/Biology, pre-med (FYE 11)
- Ellis Michael, Plan II Honors/Computer Science-Turing Scholars (FYE 11) interests: Music, the Classics, Foreign Films, Computer Programming
- Santiago Sanchez, Plan II Honors/Physics. (FYE 13) I'm also in Health Science Scholars and premed and I think Plan II is the best thing ever.
- Jasmin Sheth, Plan II Honors/Public Health, Pre-Med (FYE 12)
- Helen Smith, Plan II Honors/Dean's Scholars Mathematics. (FYE 12) P2SA Co-Communication Chair, 2013/2014. Interests: Pre-Law, Alpha Delta Pi Sorority, film, music, golf, current events.
Double-Majors in Jackson School of Geosciences
- Susannah Morey, Plan II Honors/Hydrogeologoy (FYE 11) (transferred to Geology from International Relations in 2013) I have nearly completed a minor in African Studies (although I can't technically receive one) and I was part of the Plan II/KIPP Partnership last year. I'm thinking of writing my thesis on comparative education (between an American and an African city).
- Rose Palermo, Plan II Honors/Geology (FYE 12) Interests: Tennis, Travel, and Spanish. P2SA Co-Recruitment Chair, 2013/2014.
- Natalie Raia, Plan II Honors/Geology (FYE 12)
Double-Majors in Engineering
- Austin Batson, Plan II Honors/Biomedical Engineering (FYE 11) Volunteers with children at schools (through BOLT and SEEK), deciding academic practices in the BME department (through BMES, Biomedical Engineering Society), and interested in fencing.
- Gitanjali (Anjali) Bhattacharjee, Plan II Honors/Architectural Engineering (FYE 11) Interested in mathematics, French, and German (all possible minors). In addition, Anjali's on the 2013 LIVESTRONG Texas 4000 team and will be working as an intern at the Blanton Museum in 2012/2013.
- Sam Blow, Plan II Honors/Civil Engineering (FYE 12) Interested in basketball, football, Greek life, music
- John "Trey" Curran, Plan II Honors/Aerospace Engineering (FYE 13)
- Tania de Souza, Plan II Honors/Chemical Engineering (FYE 10) Special Interests: Latin America, community development, electrochemistry, social entrepreneurship
- Julie Dorland, Plan II Honors/Biomedical Engineering/Engineering Honors and Pre-Med (FYE 12)
- Will Hoenig, Plan II Honors/Electrical Engineering and Economics, (FYE 11) Special Interests: Programming, Philosophy, and the Macroeconomy
- Garrison Land, Plan II Honors/Biomedical Engineering (FYE 11) not officially pre-law (yet), but strongly considering using Plan II/ engineering degrees to go into patent law
- Jerry Lin, Plan II Honors/Electrical and Computer Engineering (FYE 10) Special Interests: Photography
- Aliyah McRoberts, Plan II Honors/Civil Engineering (FYE 11). Interests: sorority, volunteering, sports.
- Brian O'Connor, Plan II Honors/Aerospace Engineering Honors (FYE 10) Student Engineering Council, SP2E (Society of Plan II Engineers, pronounced "spitooey"), also interested in singing/choir and residence hall leadership
- Soa-Jin Sher, Plan II Honors/Chemical Engineering (FYE 11) Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE), Student Engineering Council (SEC), Student Engineers Educating Kids (SEEK), Society of Plan 2 Engineers (SP2E), Undergraduate Research Assistant
- Meredith Stark, Plan II Honors/Architectural Engineerings Honors (FYE 11) P2SA Officer; lived off campus first year (Scottish Rite Dormitory); studied abroad on the Oxford Program (summer 2012), hoping to use those classes for an English minor through the engineering school; officer in a spirit group, Texas Baseball Diamond Crew; went to a private high school; native to Austin. Participated in the Women in Engineering Program (WEP) and a First-year Interest Group (FIG).
- Meagan Wilkes, Plan II Honors/Architectural Engineering Honors (FYE 10) Society of Women Engineers, Architectural Engineering Institute, travel, reading and fitness
- Beth Zetzman, Plan II Honors/ Civil (Environmental) Engineering (FYE 10)
Double-Majors in Business
- Carson Ashbaugh, Plan II Honors/Business Honors (FYE 11) Phi Gamma Delta fraternity, Austin Stone Community Church, special needs volunteer work, UT football, fishing.
- Nicole Chu, Plan II Honors/Business Honors (FYE 12) Pre-Law
- Stephanie Del Paggio, Plan II Honors/Business. Concentration: Management Information Systems and Finance (FYE 12) Special interests: indie music festivals, good food, technology, startups.
- Caroline Furst, Plan II Honors/Business (FYE 12)
- Akanksha Jogelar, Plan II Honors/Finance/Economics (BA & BBA) (FYE 11) I am also pursuing a certificate in Business Ethics via the BDP Program and will be an RA in Blanton this year, so I have information about housing details as well.
- Carly Klein, Plan II Honors/Business Honors (FYE 11) Other Activities: Alpha Delta Pi sorority, Austin Stone Community Church
- Preston Moore, Plan II Honors/Business Honors/Engergy Finance (FYE 10) Interests: religious studies, UT sports, golf
- Natalie Parma, Plan II Honors/ Business Honors (FYE 12)
- Parth Patel, Plan II Honors/Business Honors (FYE 12)
- Rachel Solomon, Plan II Honors/Business Honors, and Marketing (FYE 11). Likely to add on a minor in French. Interested in fashion (as a member of the University Fashion Group, a writer for UT's online fashion magazine [Spark], and a part-time merchandising assistant for y&i Clothing Boutique).
- Margaret Sone, Plan II Honors/Business Honors/Finance (FYE 11) Interest in Art History (likely thesis topic). Participated on the Learning Tuscany study abroad trip run by UT Studio Art and Art History professors.
- Jacob Spangler, Plan II Honors/Business Honors, minor in Management, plans to add Government or History major too. Member of the Longhorn marching band