Student Services Budget Committee
Tuition policy at The University of Texas at Austin has undergone dynamic changes in recent years. A change in policy often will require a change in practice. Consequently, the committee modified its practices to adapt to these recent changes in the tuition culture on campus.
The student voice in determining the tuition rate for non-academic services is a valued aspect of budget-setting process on the campus. For example, the Texas Education Code mandates that the committee be a student-majority committee, where five of nine voting members must be students.
2010-11 Voting Members
- Muneezeh Kabir, Chair, Student Government Vice President
- Khushbu Joshi, Appointee
- Scott Parks, Student Government President
- Austin Carlson, Appointee
- Daniel Spikes, Appointee, 2nd year
- Tom Dison, Associate Vice President of Student Affairs and Director of Recreational Sports
- Karrol Kitt, Faculty Representative, Associate Professor of Human Ecology
- Soncia Reagins-Lilly, Senior Associate Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Don Aleman, CFO Representative and Senior Financial Analyst, Budget Office
- Adviser to the Committee
- Donna Bellinghausen, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
Access prior years’ SSBC membership and documents.