Mock Interview Program | January 15-17 and 21-22, 2014
Improve your interviewing skills and receive feedback from legal employers. Don't miss this opportunity to practice interviewing with attorneys from a wide range of legal employers. All interviews will be held in the Career Services Interview Suite (TNH 3.122).
If you have any questions, please contact Sandra Puga, On-Campus Interview Coordinator, at 512-232-1161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder: If you haven't already, we encourage you to register to attend the Spring 2014 UT Law Professional Development Institute. Students who attend the Institute will be allowed to include it on their resume.
Application & Scheduling Deadlines
Students must have a copy of their resume uploaded onto UT Law Symplicity before selecting an interview slot. Priority is given to 1Ls. If interview slots remain available, the CSO will notify 2Ls and 3Ls that they may register as well. Be sure to sign-up early as interviews are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Friday-Monday, January 3-6, 2014: 1Ls may schedule one interview during early registration, which begins at noon (Central) on UT Law Symplicity.
- Monday, January 6, 2014: Starting at noon, 1Ls can schedule two more interviews for a total of three mock interviews (space permitting).
- Wednesday, January 8, 2014: 2Ls and 3Ls may schedule interviews at 5:00 p.m. on UT Law Symplicity if any slots remain available. 1Ls may also schedule additional interviews (space permitting).
- Thursday, January 9, 2014: Scheduling closes at 5:00 p.m. or when all interview slots are filled; whichever comes first.
- January 15-17 and 21-22, 2014: Mock Interview Program
How to Schedule a Mock Interview
You must first upload a resume to UT Law Symplicity
under the [Documents] tab before scheduling a mock interview.
- Log in to UT Law Symplicity.
- Click on the [Interview Programs] tab on the top navigation bar. See step-by-step screenshots.
- Click on the [Employers/Applications] tab.
- Filter the employer list by selecting [Mock Interview Program 2014] from the [Session] drop-down menu.
- IGNORE the "Applications Column" and the "Apply" button at all times during the scheduling process.
- Select the date box (example: Jan. 15) under [Interview Dates] to view the list of available interview slots. If no date box appears, then all interview slots have been taken for that employer.
- Select your interview time and hit the [Signup] button. Please note that your default resume will automatically be attached.
- You will then be redirected to the [Scheduled Interviews] tab where you can view your scheduled mock interview. This will show that you have successfully scheduled a mock interview for that employer.
To review the complete information about an employer including interviewing attorneys (if available), click on the [Review] button next to the employer's name.
Please do not cancel your interview at the last minute. This is unfair to students who were unable to get an interview time as well as to the attorneys who donate their time to participate in this program. If you have to cancel an interview, you MUST provide 72 hours notice and contact Sandra Puga in the Career Services Office immediately (512-232-1161 or email@example.com). Do not phone employers directly.
Due to unforeseen factors and schedule changes, some attorneys may have to cancel at the last minute. We will try to make every effort to find a replacement so you will not miss your interview time. In some cases we may have to reschedule the interview. We appreciate your understanding.