- Texas Criminal Pattern Jury Charges - Defenses (State Bar of Texas, 2013) (with Pattern Jury Charges Committee–Criminal).
- Federal Criminal Law and Its Enforcement (St. Paul: West, 5th ed. 2010 with Norman Abrams & Sara Sun Beale; Supplement 2012; 2010, with Norman Abrams & Sara Sun Beale; Teacher's Manual 5th ed. 2010 with Norman Abrams & Sara Sun Beale).
- Federal Practice and Procedure, Criminal 3d, 2004 Pocket Parts (vols. 3, 3A, & 3B; St. Paul: Thomson/West, 2004) (with the late Charles Alan Wright and Nancy J. King).
- 3-3B Federal Practice and Procedure: Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure (St. Paul: Thomson/West, 3rd ed. 2004) (with the late Charles Alan Wright & Nancy J. King).
- Federal Practice and Procedure, Criminal 3d, 2002 Pocket Parts (vols. 1, 1A, 2, 2A, 3, & 3A; St. Paul: West 2002) (with the late Charles Alan Wright & Nancy J. King).
- Monitoring the Plea Process, 51 Duquesne Law Review 559 (2013).
- Overfederalization of Criminal Law? It's a Myth, 28 Criminal Justice 23 (2013) (with Ingrid B. Grobey).
- Debunking Claims of Over-Federalization of Criminal Law, 62 Emory Law Journal 1 (2012) (with Ingrid B. Grobey).
- The Controversy Surrounding the Criminal Probe into the Gulf Oil Spill, Huffington Post, July 19, 2010 (with Charles M. Silver). <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/susan-klein/the-controversy-surroundi_b_651805.html>
- DOJ's Attack on Federal Judicial "Leniency," the Supreme Court's Response, and the Future of Criminal Sentencing [Symposium: Supreme Court Review], 44 Tulsa Law Review 519 (2009) (with Sandra Guerra Thompson).
- The Sixth Amendment and Criminal Sentencing [Symposium: The Future of Self-Incrimination: Fifth Amendment, Confessions, & Guilty Pleas], 30 Cardozo Law Review 775 (2008) (with Stephanos Bibas).
- Lies, Omissions, and Concealment: The Golden Rule in Law Enforcement and the Federal Criminal Code [Symposium: Citizen Ignorance, Police Deception, and the Constitution], 39 Texas Tech Law Review 1321 (2007).
- Enhancing the Judicial Role in Criminal Plea and Sentence Bargaining [Symposium: Punishment Law and Policy], 84 Texas Law Review 2023 (2006).
- Foreword [Symposium: Punishment Law and Policy], 84 Texas Law Review 1687 (2006) (with Jordan M. Steiker).
- The Return of Federal Judicial Discretion in Criminal Sentencing, 39 Valparaiso University Law Review 693 (2005).
- Beyond Blakely, 16 Federal Sentencing Reporter 314 (2004) (with Nancy J. King).
- No Time for Silence, 81 Texas Law Review 1337 (2003).
- The Search for Equality in Criminal Sentencing, 2002 Supreme Court Review 223 (2003) (with Jordan M. Steiker).
- Acceptance of Responsibility and Conspiracy Sentences in Drug Prosecutions After Apprendi, 14 Federal Sentencing Reporter 165 (2002) (with Nancy J. King).
- Independent-Norm Federalism in Criminal Law [Colloquium on Community Policing], 90 California Law Review 1541 (2002).
- Essential Elements, 54 Vanderbilt Law Review 1467 (2001) (with Nancy J. King).
- Apprendi and Plea Bargaining, 54 Stanford Law Review 295 (2001) (with Nancy J. King).
- Miranda's Exceptions in a Post-Dickerson World, 91 Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology 567 (2001).
- Identifying and (Re)Formulating Prophylactic Rules, Safe Harbors, and Incidental Rights in Constitutional Criminal Procedure [Symposium: The Future of Confession Law], 99 Michigan Law Review 1030 (2001).
- Après Apprendi, 12 Federal Sentencing Reporter 331 (2000).
- Redrawing the Criminal-Civil Boundary [Special Issue: A New Agenda for Criminal Procedure], 2 Buffalo Criminal Law Review 679 (1999).
- Successive Prosecutions and Compound Criminal Statutes: A Functional Test, 77 Texas Law Review 333 (1998) (with Katherine P. Chiarello).
- The Discriminatory Application of Substantive Due Process: A Tale of Two Vehicles, 1997 University of Illinois Law Review 453.
- Civil In Rem Forfeiture and Double Jeopardy, 82 Iowa Law Review 183 (1996).
- Miranda Deconstitutionalized: When the Self-Incrimination Clause and the Civil Rights Act Collide, 143 University of Pennsylvania Law Review 417 (1994).
- Double Jeopardy's Demise, 88 California Law Review 1001 (2000) (essay reviewing Double Jeopardy: The History, The Law, by George C. Thomas III).
- Enduring Principles and Current Crises in Constitutional Criminal Procedure, 24 Law & Social Inquiry 533 (1999) (essay reviewing The Constitution and Criminal Procedure: First Principles, by Akhil Reed Amar).
- Improving the Advisory Guideline System, Options for Federal Sentencing After Booker, U.S. Sentencing Commission (February 16, 2012).
- Armstrong, United States v., in The Oxford Companion to the Supreme Court of the United States (Kermit L. Hall ed.; New York: Oxford University Press, 2005).
Return to main profile page